An exit interview is an interview with a departing employee to learn why he or she is leaving the organization and/or to understand what the employee liked and did not like about the job, the organization, management, etc. Exit interviews are great ways to collect data for developing retention strategies. Exit interviews are generally conducted by someone in Human Resources. Some good exit interview questions are:
- What caused you to look for another job?
- What did you like most about your job? Least?
- Did your manager give you what you needed to succeed? If yes, what did he or she do well? If no, what was missing?
- What suggestions do you have to make this a better company?
- What do you think the company does well?
- What skills and qualifications do you think we need to look for in your replacement?
The Lindenberger Group has assisted numerous clients with conducting exit interviews and making recommendations for retention strategies. Call us at 609.730.1049 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.