While many entrepreneurs may not think about contracting HR help from day one, doing so is essential for any start up organization. Regarding HR, you don’t know what you don’t know and, unfortunately, in our experience, HR often gets called after a problem develops. Here are a few reasons why it pays to be proactive:
- Employee lawsuits have risen 400 percent in the last 20 years
- During the past five years, 6 out of 10 employers have faced an employee lawsuit
- 41.5% of employee lawsuits are with private employers with 15 to 100 employees
- Defending an employment lawsuit costs $75,000 to $250,000
A good HR person is worth his or her weight in gold. In addition to protecting your organization from employee lawsuits, having a dedicated HR professional’s help at the outset will ensure that you:
- Have accurate job descriptions and a legally compliant employee handbook
- Develop a compensation and benefits strategy
- Recruit talented employees
- Efficiently onboard new employees and report new hires
- Set up and maintain employee files and payroll
- Get expert advice on employee relations issues
- Implement a performance appraisal system
- Provide required employee training
- Conduct employee surveys
All of these HR functions help your organization comply with the law, attract and retain talent, and allow you to focus on building your business.
The Lindenberger Group has helped many start up companies with their HR needs. We provide highly competent, experienced assistance at affordable rates.
If you are thinking about starting a business, or have started your own company, call us at 609 730 1049 to let us know how we can help you.
Numerous successful companies, including AT&T, General Motors, DuPont and Federal Express, all use mentoring programs to develop future leaders and retain their Super Stars. Some of the reasons why mentoring programs work are that they:
- Help attract and retain Super Stars
- Provide targeted, individualized training and coaching
- Require protégés to be responsible for their own growth and development
- Help with diversity efforts
- Set your sales force apart from your competitors
- Develop future leaders
- Allow creative ideas to flourish
The Lindenberger Group are experts in developing and implementing successful, long lasting mentoring programs and won the national Athena Award for Excellence in Mentoring for two consecutive years. We have designed and delivered many mentoring programs for sales organizations.
Call us at 609-730-1049 to learn how we can help you create a mentoring program for your sales force!
Layoffs have touched nearly every American household over the last few years according to a recent RutgersUniversity study. Nearly a quarter of Americans say they were laid off at some point during the recession or afterward. And, nearly eight in 10 say they know someone in their circle of family and friends who has lost a job.
At the same time, working virtually, banking online, paying bills online and even losing weight through online coaching is becoming more popular with Americans.
- A national study commissioned by WorldCom found that more than two-thirds of American workers work virtually.
- The Pew Research Center found that 81% of Americans who manage their household finances banked online at least once during 2012.
- Forrester Research predicts that by the end of the decade, 52% of all online households will pay their bills online.
- A study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research reported that overweight people who used web-based virtual coaches showed more commitment to improving their health than those who did not use them.
Just like these other important services, virtual career outplacement is becoming more popular. Here are the top reasons why professionals are choosing virtual career outplacement:
Learn at your convenience. Career outplacement courses are 100% web based, and are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year. You cannot beat having instant resources and support delivered to you in the comfort of your home or office.
Customize your training to your needs. Self-paced online career outplacement training programs allow you to customize your training to your unique needs and goals. You can learn at your own pace, which means you don’t need wait for an instructor or class to move on with material you are already familiar with, and, you can linger for as long as you want to fully comprehend a concept new to you. Online courses often include internet resources that let you further explore knowledge areas that are relevant to your particular career.
Learning is fun and interesting. Virtual career outplacement combines readings, graphics, audio/video, interactive exercises, and case studies to keep the learner engaged and interested in course material and meet the needs of multiple learning styles.
Eliminate travel time. Virtual career outplacement means that you don’t have to spend any of your valuable time traveling to a classroom or to meet with a coach. With the rising price of gas prices, that should be music to anyone’s ears!
Eliminates geographical boundaries. Virtual career outplacement allows learners to participate from around the globe.
Obtain vast expertise. Rather than being assigned to the one or two coaches available in a traditional office approach, virtual coaches can come from all parts of the world and have experience in numerous industries.
Privacy. Some clients prefer not to let others know they are engaged in career outplacement coaching. Virtual coaching provides a solution to those who want to keep their career coaching meetings private.
Results-oriented. You can receive virtual career coaching via phone or e-mail. Resumes, career assessment tests and custom coaching guidance are easily delivered through these mediums.
Effective services at an affordable price. Virtual career outplacement is an extremely affordable alternative to many traditional programs. It eliminates the cost of printed materials and physical offices, as well as the cost of traveling.
I am curious .. what benefits have you experienced with virtual career outplacement?